Knitting competition- Design your own shawl
One of the most wonderful things about knitting shawls is the freedom it gives you
to experiment and be creative.
So this summer we are giving Knitting readers the chance to try your hands at designing shawls – with some gorgeous prizes for the winners kindly supplied by loveknitting.com.
LoveKnitting will supply shortlisted entrants with yarn from its Debbie Bliss or Yarn Collective ranges to knit up their samples, and the winning designs will be published as patterns in Knitting magazine.
The grand prize is the pattern to knit Joan by Debbie Bliss and 14 balls of Rialto 4 Ply,
while two runners-up will each win the pattern and yarn to knit Debbie’s Lace-edged Shawl in Rialto Lace.
How to enter
• Sketch your design. It must be your own original design and not copied from an existing pattern.
• State which Debbie Bliss or Yarn Collective yarn and shades you plan to use.
• Knit a sample swatch at least 10x10cm – ideally in the yarn you plan to use or in an equivalent yarn.
• Post your sketched design and swatch together with your contact details to Shawl Design Competition, Knitting, 86 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 1XN
upload your entry below:
• Don’t forget to share your entry on social media with the hashtag #knittingmagshawlcomp
Note: Entrants need to be prepared to write up a pattern so that others can knit their design in the Knitting house style. If you wish your postal entry to be returned please include a stamped, addressed envelope.
Closing date: August 21, 2019.
Normal GMC Publications competition rules apply. Employees of GMC Publications Ltd and LoveKnitting are not eligible to enter. Entries are sent at your own risk and no responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage of your entry in transit. Your entry becomes the property of GMC Publications Ltd and by entering you are granting GMC Publications Ltd permission to publish a photo of your design and/or pattern. Only successful entries will be contacted. The editor’s decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into. For full terms and conditions visit knittingmag.com.
Read the terms and conditions here
- Date 30 May 2019
- Tags Competitions
Sign Up To Stay In Touch